25 Dec Chicken in a Pot
1 whole chicken
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion
1 small stalk celery
6 garlic cloves
1 sprig rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon lemon juice
This one pot chicken dinner is simple to
prepare and what’s even better is there is only
one pot to clean up! Feel free to throw in some
small potatoes or serve with rice for an easy
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Pat
chicken dry with paper towels and season
with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large (5- to 8-quart) Dutch
oven over medium heat until just smoking.
Add chicken breast-side down; scatter onion,
celery, garlic, bay leaf, and rosemary around
chicken. Cook until breast is lightly browned,
about 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon
inserted into cavity of bird, flip chicken
breast-side up and cook until chicken and vegetables are well browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Remove Dutch oven from heat; place large sheet of foil over pot and cover tightly
with lid. Transfer pot to oven and cook 80 to 110 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to carving board, tent with foil, and rest 20 minutes.
5. Carve chicken, adding any accumulated juices to pan. Stir lemon juice into jus to
taste. Serve chicken, passing jus at table.