29 Jan Corn Dogs
1 package hot dogs cut
ó cup yellow cornmeal
7 Tbsp flour
ó tsp salt
ó tsp baking powder
ó tsp cayenne pepper
ó cup soy or rice milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp honey
vegetable oil for deep
Who doesn’t love a corn dog –
or for that matter anything you
eat on a stick and is fried! Not
the healthiest but once in a
while a delicious treat. These
are great for game day. I
prefer to make them mini but
you can make them full size.
1. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Oil
should be 2-3 inches deep.
2. Cut hot dogs into thirds. Stick a small wooden stick in each hot dog.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Combine soy milk, egg and honey.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
6. Pat hot dogs dry with a paper towel.
7. Dip each hot dog in batter and gently lay in the hot oil. Do them in small
batches as to not lower the temperature of the oil.
8. Fry for about 3 minutes each until golden brown. Serve warm.