05 Jun Orzo with Lemon and Asparagus
For the dressing
1 lemon zested juice from 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
For the orzo
1 lb asparagus
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 cup dry orzo pasta
1. Place the lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a deep medium bowl.
2. Add oil and whisk until it emulsifies a bit. Set aside.
1. Steam asparagus and shock in cold water so they maintain their color. Cut the asparagus stalks into 2 inch pieces.
2. Place the chicken broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt and turmeric
and bring back to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until tender, about 10
3. Drain orzo, but do not rinse it. Place the hot orzo in a large bowl, add
the asparagus. Whisk the dressing if needed and pour it over the salad.
Mix well. This is great served room temperature.